Sunday 25 November 2007

Nasty Bite

Got some supply of Timothy hay today and as usual, I was excited to give each of the rascals a handful. All was well until I reached out a handful of hay into Bandie's tray. Suddenly she lunge at me and gave quite a nasty bite. I guess the position of my hand must have made her felt threatened in her own territory. I will have to be extra careful with her next time. Usually I'll calm her with one hand before moving in another to fill her food bowl. Guess I was too careless this time.

It is a good sign that she is aggressive. It means she's matured enough to be bred and I hope her pelvic bone is good enough for the task. Would have to bring her in for X-ray to see if her fractured leg had affected her pelvic area. I do not want to have kits stuck in the midst of her kindling.

Here's a picture of the nasty bite:

No comments: