Thursday 31 December 2009

The Reputation Of A Breeder

As 2009 draws to a close, I would just like to explain why it is important for me to pass along my rabbits to trustworthy people. I have gone through a lot of local rabbit websites and weblogs. They are all appalling. Tons of mixes will be hitting the market really soon and on a constant basis.

Tru-Luv Rabbitry does not only carry the name Tru-Luv Rabbitry. My rabbits are tattooed and comes with a 4 generation pedigree. Together with this pedigree lies the various rabbitry names in the lineage. Not only my reputation is at stake, the reputations of all those names are also at stake.

Take for instance when an idiot (breeder wannabe) buys my rabbit and breeds it into his/her local stocks, I am sure as a marketing strategy, he/she will give the lineage a good mention too either verbally or through their incomplete pedigrees. In so doing, it only tarnishes our reputation and in the long run will hurt really bad.

Bear in mind, Tru-Luv Rabbitry and all other SERIOUS rabbitries only breed for quality. If ever something bad crops up, gone are these names into the dumpster. I believe this is the very reason why most breeders cull their unsatisfactory stocks too.

So here is what you should always look out for. Make sure that the pedigree is complete with 4 generations of rabbits listed and a tattoo on the left ear. These are but a few controls that TLR practices and I hope that no counterfeits are produced out there.

Dear breeders, our reputations are at stake and we cannot control the action of others, but at least take up the responsibility to steer the lost onto the path of righteousness!

Happy New Year everyone & everybun!

No comments: