Sunday 6 December 2009

Week 7: Weanlings!

I was at Jaya One today for the Pets Day Out event. A big congratulations to the organizers for doing a great job bringing pet people together. I saw many scorpions, tortoises, snakes which are among the exotics besides from the regular dogs, cats and rabbits. I was there to give my little moral support to Pet Epicure and their "cats for adoption" drive. For those who are interested or know people who might be interested to adopt cats, please drop by Pet Epicure's website. We were in time to watch the dog obedience demo. I think the Silky Terrier deserves a super obedient award.

The only thing that I didn't like about the event happen to be the deplorable sight that I witnessed in one of the booths where more than 20 baby rabbits were cramped into 3 feet cages each and a cage with some underage kits. I thought they look rather underage and felt pretty fed up to even take photos of them. So much has been said and I believe enough have been said. I later obtained these photos from a friend who happen to be there as well.


These are probably 2 weeks old (max) baby rabbits and probably from larger mixed breeds.

Look at the white/gray one. You can roughly tell that it is underage because its fur has yet to "fluff" up. And as a comparison, here's Mooruku at Day 12, you can see a little similarity:


The bigger one right in the centre is probably the only bunny that is almost 6 weeks old

Please note that I am not trying to defame anyone. Just for awareness purposes as it will do both buyers and sellers good in the long run. If underage bunnies die in the hands of the buyers, it would give the sellers a bad name so I believe it is a win-win situation to get everyone educated and thus saving innocent lives too.

In TLR on the other hand, I weaned Mooruku and Papadoom off mommy at 7th week this weekend. They both now have their own space to grow up. They binky all the time and the cages make them look really tiny.


Papadoom being inquisitive!

Cute!

And what do I get? She showed me her BUM! She ought to see how those poor little bunnies get cramped into a 3 feet cage!


No comments: