Friday 14 December 2007

My poor unix

Saw Unix munching on some hay last night. A little hope there but she has not been passing motion. I believe that there is no motility in her stomach. Maybe articles has been written regarding the treatment for GI Stasis. Some suggested using pineapple juice, others suggested laxative treatment.

Called my vet today and he suggested a drug I can buy at the pharmacy for constipation. I just got one bottle of it in Vitacare. Apparently I have to administer this drug 2 times a day and 0.5ml to 1ml per dose.

I will not be back till 6.00pm. I really do hope Unix will be able to hang in there till I get home.

One thing sad about Malaysia is that there are not many rabbit savvy vets around. Most are very well versed with dogs and cats because those are the common pets. So if it means that the vet will administer this drug mention, there is no difference if I administer it myself.

So you can almost conclude that you have to treat "exotic" pets yourself in Malaysia. SAD.

No comments: