Sunday 30 December 2007

A strange relationship between rabbits and spiders

If you have watched Charlotte's Web (starring Dakota Fanning) before, I believe you could relate to what I am about to post.

Everyday while cleaning and feeding my rabbits, I always get my head stuck on some spider webs. I get so pissed every time these creatures spin webs all around places that interfere with my accessibility to my rabbits e.g. the cage doors. Little did I realize that they were there for a purpose. I should thank them actually. What they are doing actually helps my rabbits in a small way. The web that they spin actually help capture all sort of insects namely mosquitoes.

I should be happy that I have nature on my side to keep these nasty insects away from my beloved pets. I know it is hard to eliminate all these insects but it does help keep the population in check.

I wonder if I could train these spiders to spin webs at suitable locations instead of me having to destroy their webs each time I find any blocking my way.

Time to do some studies on spiders or maybe I will find written answers on the webs tomorrow...

No comments: