Tuesday 8 January 2008

Nest Building

I noticed that Adina had built a nest at one of the corners of the cage. She had bit off the plastic mat I used to line the cage floor creating a circle. She then laid hay and fur around the circle. I believe she treats it as a little burrow entrance.

I knew straight away that it was time to put to good use the nest box I have built earlier. So I put the nest box in place and filled it with nesting materials like shredded paper and lots of dried timothy hay (1st & 2nd cuts).

To my surprise she collected all the materials in her mouth and started building a nest away from the nest box. How frustrating! It took me some effort to build those nest boxes!

Anyhow, I am worry sick because it has been raining cats and dogs lately and if she do not get those kits in the nest box, they will surely die of hypothermia. I hope she will deliver at the right time so at least I could warm up any kit that gets scattered in the cage.


No comments: