Saturday 19 January 2008

R.I.P. Runtney

If you ask me whether I feel sad losing another kit I would definitely answer YES. Mainly because I always hope for 100% survival rate in my breedings. Unfortunately, nature does not give you a perfect picture all the time. I have tried to do whatever that is within my control to intervene so that a life could be saved but somehow, mother nature is always an impossible force to reckon with.

Somehow being a breeder, I learned that it is a must to let go whenever I need to. I even console myself with the believe that only the best should survive and losing a runt can be seen as a good thing because other reputable breeders also mentioned that most runts will grow up with complications and they somehow go through a slow and painful death.


No comments: