Wednesday 17 December 2008

Skor's 1st Year Anniversary

There are a lot of bunny photos on this laptop of mine that I have not posted on the blog. Somehow, tonight I felt an urge to go through these old photos and I realized that the day Skor mated with Holly Hope was his 1st year anniversary with Tru-Luv Rabbitry. He arrived at TLR exactly on 12th of December 2007.

I remembered very clearly and was relating this experience with D about how I felt the moment I was told that Skor was well on his way. Back then, we do not have Oxbow or any other reliable rabbit pellet brands and part of me was a little worried and doubtful on how well I could care for this beautiful buck. I got quite emotional at one point I must admit having the feeling of causing this little creature to fly halfway across the globe for an uncertain future. No one was sure if he could take the stress of the journey. It is always a risk when it comes to shipping live animals.

The moment I saw him, I just could not believe my eyes. He is finally here! I cannot believe after going through all the plannings and waiting. He is finally right there in front of my eyes!

And how fast time flies as it has been a year and more than a dozen of kits from different does, Skor is still a sharp shooter that every doe loves. So as a tribute to this wonderful buck, I would like to post some of the photos taken of him a few days after his arrival. I know it was a little stressful for him throughout the journey so I let him out for a run in the garden:

img_7593

img_7594

img_7617

img_7619

No comments: