Saturday 20 December 2008

Water Bottle or Bowl?

I used to swear by those funky water bottles but after that happened to Noobie 2 days ago, I now prefer water crocks. I especially love those ceramic water crocks. They are cheap and effective.

Just to quote SB's theory about using bottles. She asked me a very good question which is, "Would you drink from a bottle if you were a rabbit?". It is a valid question because she furthers supported her point by saying that since it is quite difficult for them to draw water out from the bottle, naturally rabbits on water bottle will just take the minimum to quench their thirst.

Such good points to put something so simple yet important into perspective.

I know water bottles are much easier to maintain and manage compared to the easy to spill bowls, but I now strongly recommend using water bowls because it will help your rabbits stay hydrated at all time. Somethings are good when they are given less but you should never discount your rabbit(s) off their rights to taking more water.

No comments: