Monday 27 April 2009

A Trip Down To Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

I bet most of you did not even realize my absence last week. I went on a trip down to Singapore. Personally, I did not enjoy it very much because I would prefer somewhere greener. Singapore as we know is a concrete jungle. Very urban that is.

I have heard a lot about Singapore especially the pet industry. I was under the impression that the pet industry is huge beyond imagination since there were comparisons made that Malaysia did not have half of what they have for our pets. I did not have the time to go on a full scale exploration but enough to help me conclude that Malaysia is not that far behind in terms of the pet industry.

It was pretty obvious that the biggest pet chain store in Singapore is the Pet Lover Center. On the busy town center along Orchard Road itself they have 3 outlets. Some of their outlets do not carry live stocks and just pet supplies which in my opinion is good for the pet industry in the long run since there is a stigmata of pet shops selling below average pets.

PLC Centrepoint, Orchard Rd
PLC Centrepoint, Orchard Rd

One of the days, I took a little time to travel down to Serangoon North Ave 2 where many "Petaling Street" style pet shops are nestled among the HDB Flats. I was told that things are cheap at this place. True enough, they do look a lot like those pet shops in Petaling Street just that the products they carry are much higher in quality.

Took me a good 30 mins to find this place
Took me a good 30 mins to find this place

Since I was at the area, I thought of dropping by THE place to visit for Chinchilla fans. This place called House Of Chinchillas. The varieties that they have is amazing and the staff there are so friendly. Although a small shop, the number of Chinchillas in there could really give you a surprise. There is a chin at every corner.

The entrance
The entrance
I only realized the darker Chinchilla after snapping this photo
I only realized the darker Chinchilla after snapping this photo
Cute baby chins
Cute baby chins

They do have a couple of rabbits there too. I saw a lop and a couple of Netherland Dwarfs.

Broken Black Lop
Broken Black Lop
A Netherland Dwarf
A Netherland Dwarf

As I was about to leave the place, something made me walk a little more to see if there are more shops. And I found this cool shop but I forgot to take a good look at its name. Actually, the amount of goods here blocked off the shop's name. LOL

img_2256
The pet stores are nestled underneath the flats
The wide range of rabbit & small animal products
The wide range of rabbit & small animal products

This shop has got a lot of pet accessories and I was very impressed with their range of products. Then I got quite a surprise when I turned around and saw this Tri-Color lop bunny.

The Tri-Color Lop
The Tri-Color Lop

After this I was well on my way back. I saw a shop filled with all sorts of parrots. I was not allowed to take photos unfortunately.

And off I went to blog somewhere else.

Blogging from the heart of Singapore
Blogging from the heart of Singapore

If you ask me what I like most in Singapore, I would definitely say NOT THE FOOD. LOL! Well, anywhere with a good pet industry is good enough for me because that is what I lookout for most of the time in a new place. I learned on my last day in Singapore that I have missed out this place called Pet Village near Suntec City. Oh well, maybe next time.

But I did not miss the must visit NIGHT SAFARI. I was there on time for their renown Night Creature show too. That's all about what I enjoyed most in Singapore.

Last but not least, just like to share that Clark is on Chubbypet Garden's Fruit Treat Delight For Small Animal.

Isn't Clark Cute?
Isn't Clark Cute?
Here's Clark on another angle
Here's Clark on another angle

Thunder got his fair share of glamour too.

I love mango! Just a treat ok?
I love mango! Just a treat ok?
Can humans have these too? Look delicious!
Can humans have these too? Look delicious!

No comments: