Monday 17 August 2009

Seychel is not well

Sometimes I really wonder why in the world am I raising such a difficult breed. It is like keeping a python or a tiger knowing very well one day it will swallow you up whole. Holland Lops, they do swallow you up whole in terms of emotionally and psychologically.

Just when I wrote about how I have reminded myself not to take any of them for granted. Seychel stopped eating and drinking. It is as if it is a jinx to treat Holland Lops well. Throw them aside and they'll thrive, baby them and they'll die. LITERALLY!

Yes, I was "baby-ing" Seychel before she started acting up! How frustrating!

My initial diagnosis is that she's beginning to have a G.I. Stasis problem. But her vital signs are indicating many other possibilities.

Please pray for her and I do hope that she'll recover soon.

It is a challenging breed to begin with, that's if they just stop dying. No wonder people that get into this breed quit as soon as they begin. Am I beginning to give up?

Not quite but more of "Que Sera Sera" (Whatever Will Be Will Be)!

No comments: