Thursday 12 June 2008

Color vs Torts

If you have been following on the development of Holland Lops, you would soon notice that most of the show specimens are made up of Tortoiseshells. It is either broken torts or solid torts mostly.

I have not been doing much research on the history but that is the first thing that I noticed when I go through most of the breeders' websites. I must admit that most of the HLs with the best body structure (type) are in fact of the tort varieties.

The color varieties are soon catching up and I must say that they are catching up pretty fast.

Truthfully for me, I do not mind the colors as long as the rabbit shows massiveness. I love those big head, broad shoulders and short ears!

Since we do not have shows here, I would prefer to have broadness that exceeds the standard. LOL!!!! I really love those "bull-doggish" looks!

So now, I am on a quest to get those compact and massive bunnies just for keeps sake.

No comments: