Thursday 12 June 2008

Intellectual Property Violation

This is just another classic story about how doomed my country is. Many may know it as a fast developing country. But I could not agree when it comes to the quality of mentality. I know many people blog and some just seemed oblivious to the "house rules" of taking other people's work and using it as their own.

I recently found that Holly Hope's photos appeared on someone's blog and like any other person who takes pride for capturing those moments, I was furious. I just could not understand how could someone be so ignorant. Attempts to request for removal was furthered ignored and my photos are still showing on this person's blog.

Even if there are no laws governing infringement of rights, it clearly show one's credibility and principles when he or she take someone else's work without the consent of the owner. But the good news is, there are laws governing infringement of rights and I am now looking at the possibilities of how I can pursue this matter legally.

As of now, this particular person has not ask for any permission nor has she made any reference stating the origin of those photos.

Here is the blog in question:

http://juzanniess.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-bugs-bunny.html

This is the only post so far that I am so embarrassed of posting because I just cannot imagine how primitive people in my country is. TOTAL SADNESS...

UPDATE: Thank goodness that those photos has been removed! Now, I must say, there is still hope. But of course it takes a lot of dissing for that to happen. Just read the last words on that posting and that will tell you how amazing some people can be

No comments: