Monday 21 September 2009

Holland Lop Families I Love

I feel the need to mention 2 families that raises Holland Lops and I hold extremely close to my heart. Being a family oriented person, I feel proud and honored to know these 2 families. They are some of the nicest Holland Lop breeders that has inspired me in both raising rabbits and also as role models in raising children.

The first family that I would love to mention is the Usakowski family. I first knew about them when I stumbled upon their wonderful website and blog at http://threelittleladiesrabbitry.com/. Their blog is phenomenal and mine is nothing compared to theirs. And as you can see, the rabbitry is named after the 3 daughters in this family. The three girls are award winners in the 4-H program for showmanship. Their rabbits has been doing very well on the show table as well. If you remember, I did wrote about their youngest daughter Taylor and how she should be a role model for all children in the hobby of raising rabbits. I am extremely honored to have known this wonderful family. They are always there giving me great advice and encouragements. I want to take this opportunity to thank the 4 wonderful ladies and 1 very kind man of Three Little Ladies Rabbitry, collectively known as the Usakowski family.

The 2nd family that I am extreme honored to know is the Maki family from California. Like the Usakowski family, they also raise Holland Lops and a few other breeds namely Jersey Woolies. There are 4 handsome young boys in the Maki family. I am very inspired by how the boys has been raised to take good care of their rabbits and they get their rabbits placed on the show table all the time. Believe it or not, one of their rabbits won BIS in Thailand recently. The children in the Maki family operates the DTL Rabbitry and their website can be found at http://blueoakrabbitry.tripod.com/. They are one of those breeders that have colored Holland Lops to die for! It would be a dream come true for me to even hold one of their colored Holland Lops.

There are so many things in common between these 2 families but one major issue that I find very appalling and disappointed is the need for the parents to shield their children from very nasty people (adults!). There is a saying that goes "Live and Let Live". What the saying means to me personally is that it simply tells us to give someone else a lifeline and in return we are given ours as well. How many times do we find ourselves caught up in the "CULTURE OF DEATH"? We want so much for others to die and be unsuccessful, and in doing so, we tend to cut off someone's lifeline. I can understand how nasty things can happen between adults but some adults don't even give children the chance to shine. How selfish is that? There is only 1 reason to act nasty in the midst of competitiveness. It is for recognition that could lead to someone being able to earn tons of money riding on the recognition. I totally don't believe in that bull crap although I just wrote it. But do not be surprise why people "slit throats" at rabbit shows for that reason. It does get to that level believe it or not (although this is not Ripley's).

Life is so much bigger than all the trophies one can collect. I have reasons to believe that nasty people are highly insecure people. They have a facade. Their facade is in their rabbits. They hide behind the rabbits and trophies obtained through their rabbits. And that seemed to mean the world to them. What is the rational in that I wonder as I just can't find the relevance sometimes. A facade will never ever reflect the true person we are.

There is so much to life than all these petty issues and didn't God say, "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

I know we tend to suppress our conscience to get away with things or even to achieve our selfish desires by cutting edges. If that is what we need to do, the least we could do is to leave the children out of it. If you are an adult without the presence of a conscience and as I feel sorry for you, I urge you to go pick on someone your own age if you are that childish and such a sore loser amidst the competition. I pray that God will have mercy on your sold out soul.

Let's quit targeting gracious parents that spend most of their time/hard work nurturing their children the best they can by conveniently passing remarks such asthem using their children to gain glory off a few trophies and titles. Glory is only made for God mind you!

And as for all families raising the Holland Lops, keep up the great job!

P.S.: I would also like to dedicate this post to Sydney Butler and her beautiful daughter Harley Butler, the owners of the Butler Bootcamp Rabbitry. They are a mother and daughter super tag team that has got superb Holland Lops!

No comments: