Saturday 19 September 2009

The Terror Shaver!

I used to help my wife groom our 2 dogs and we did buy the tools need for grooming. Till today, we still have the shaver and I thought of making good use of it. I have been putting this on hold for quite a long time. So today, I spent almost 2 hours grooming just one bunny. How did I decide who to give a shave? Well...

Thunder is having a major molt and I thought of helping him out. So I wrapped myself up and started cutting away!

On the other hand, it has proven that temperature does affect fertility in buck and by shaving him clean, I hope to experiment if it helps with fertility. I guess with a few ounces lighter, Thunder would be able to "perform" better with the does. LOL!

Let's allow the photos to do all the talking. I was going for the lamb cut but somehow it didn't turn out like how I expected.

BEFORE
BEFORE
The Slaughter Begins
The Slaughter Begins
Increase the count of "you-know-what" or be snipped!
Increase the count of "you-know-what" or be snipped!

The end product....

Lamb Cut turned out to be Lamb Chop as Susie puts it. Thunder looked like an old goat now...LOL!
Lamb Cut turned out to be Lamb Chop as Susie puts it. Thunder looked like an old goat now...LOL!
Being few ounces lighter I am sure he'll be able to perform extremely well with the does. Just like the Energize bunny!
Being few ounces lighter I am sure he'll be able to perform extremely well with the does. Just like the Energizer bunny!
I set out hoping to get Thunder looking clean shaved like this little Min Schnuazer we used to have
I set out hoping to get Thunder looking clean shaved like this little Min Schnauzer we used to have

Grooming a rabbit is harder than I thought. And the amount of fur was a much as that of 4 little dogs. Will I do it again? Absolutely! It was fun and it should be nice if I could even things out!

No comments: