Sunday 4 May 2008

Average Water Intake Guideline

One of the signs of problem that I always look out for in my herd is the food and water intake. I roughly know how much each and everyone of my rabbits eat per day but I was not sure how much water they should be drinking daily. As it is very subjective and very much depends on individuals, I needed to ascertain a guideline so that I could always have a mental note behind my little brain.

That sent me looking for answers on the internet and I finally got an answer.

Someone has written that the normal water intake for an average mammal would be 90 ml to 100 ml per kg per day. Therefore I would take it as a guide that my rabbits should be taking AT LEAST 160 ml per day because all of them are within the range of 1.6 kg to 1.7 kg.

No comments: