Monday 12 January 2009

Holly Hope's Litter: Day 0

Just within a few hours we have our first casualty and it is not the peanut. The peanut is still holding on and seemed to be quite warm. I put my hand into the nest box at 11 pm and felt a cold kit. To my horror, it was the other "thriving" broken chocolate kit.

The notion that I will only be left with another broken black seemed to be a reality that I must accept. It is not meant to be that we start this year off having chocolates.

But this litter of kits define a lot of things for me. Under our Malaysian weather, a buck can be near sterile judging from the number of kits I am getting with 2 matings. And most importantly, Skor is indeed a chocolate carrier.

If any of the kits survives this time, it would consider a bonus. Maybe this broken black is the buck I need to replace Skor? I hope so as it is also a chocolate carrier!


Tru-Luv Choco-Cream, binky free little one....


img_9873

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you lost one, I'll be praying for the other two.

TLR said...

Thanks Ali!