Monday 12 January 2009

Tails From Meadow Haven: Holly Hope's Kindling

"Momma! I feel like bursting!"

"Don't you worry about a thin, Momma's next to you"

"Momma! There's someone standing in front of my cage!"

"Don't you worry dear, that's master's daddy! He's a very seasoned midwife, if you can't push any of the little ones out, he will help ya pull em out"

"What! That's yucky momma"

Approximately at 1.30 pm

"Momma! I am feeling this funny sensation coming from my stomach!"

"It is really near now my dear. Now, now, listen to momma. Go pick up some hay and lay them in that box master gave you. And, slowly pull some fur from your dewlap now"

"Momma, pulling fur's gonna hurt, I am feeling the pain already!"

"Don't worry dear, the pain from your stomach will numb you from the fur pulling"

"Whatever you say momma, I still don't like this old man standing in front of my cage"

"Don't bother him my dear, just pull yourself together for the great push"

"Momma! I feel something coming out!"

"Alright now, remember you told me master brought you watching the big light? Remember you told me how this guy in white shirt and black shirt squating while punching in the air?"

"Yes momma, it was some guy called Brush Lean (Bruce Lee?). He was preparing to fight this man called Zhuck Snorris"

"Whatever the name dear, remember you're gonna kindle like right now? Yeah, whatever move he was doing, just do that now"

"Alright. ErrrggghHhhhhh"

POP!

"One, momma"

POP!

"Two, momma"

POP!

"Three, momma and he is still watching me!"

POP!

"Yuck momma! What's this?"

"Oh that's some left overs. Just gobble em up and be done with it. Be sure to clean the little ones when you're done"

"Momma, they are so rubbery"

"Oh just eat it will ya, you don't want master to have so much cleaning up to you"

...........

Hi everyone, we have got 3 broken kits. 1 is a peanut with very nice chocolate shading (I think). Still need a day or two to figure out their color. There are 2 kits that are in good shape. One of them darker than the other. I sure hope they are chocolates. Nonetheless, I am very proud of Holly Hope. Not too bad at all for 1st timer! Another gem.

I know, I know, PHOTOS!

This is how the war zone looked like:

img_9851

A bunch of fur:

img_9854

My bundle of joy being heated up. They were squeking like mad when I found them. Must be really cold

img_9855

Pinkies!

img_9859

img_9858

img_9863

img_9867

Amidst the joy of a new litter there is always a little shade of sadness. Yes, peanuts. We could be happier with less of them. The deadly double dwarf gene is always a heart wrenching outcome to behold. If you notice, it is hard to identify where the ears are. My hope is for it to survive but we all know too well what will the outcome be.

img_9861

The lady of the day, Holly Hope!

img_9870

Dinner Time!

img_98711

Special Thanks to everyone for their prayers especially Lindsey, Kak Azian, SB, Daphie, Nerq & Darma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Holly Hope must be so relieved! xD
the story was cute, I was getting use to let story chapters so I didn't even see the baby delivery coming!

TLR said...

Thanks Ali!!!!