Friday 26 September 2008

Correction: BlueBerry's Litter Color

I am so sorry for the blunder made earlier. I forgot the fact that there are always possibilities of getting the most outrageous color when the genes of 2 rabbits come together. This is the first time that it has been proven that information on the pedigree by no means justify the genetic make up. The way I see it, in Skor's pedigree, he has got a lot of black & occassionally chocolate ancestors whereas Blueberry's pedigree showed mostly blacks and blues (broken too).

I was very much convinced when the kits were born, they looked very different. Sometimes they looked lilac, sometimes light blue. But lately, Luna and Eclipse has showed me none of my guesses were right. I stumbled across a similar color yesterday over at Golden Sunrise Rance. There is a Broken Siamese Sable Junior Doe that looked like Luna and her siblings called Fun Fur's Sprite. And thanks to Susie of Wooly World Rabbitry, she also thought they were Broken Siamese Sables.

I did mention that I am proud to own the first litter of broken blue bunnies in one of the newspaper interviews recently. I have to make that correction too. First litter of Broken Siamese Sable in Malaysia!

I hope I do not have to make another correction in the near future. We all learn through experience don't we?

No comments: