Sunday 21 September 2008

What else should I write?

Firstly, I am feeling a little too lazy this weekend to write or even do anything bunny. LOL. Yes, I am taking a little rest from all day bunny talk. It was a nice weekend with the family.

Secondly, I seriously have run out of things to write at the moment because all I am doing is just waiting for Charl & Mo to grow up. I am not expecting any litter until December.

I guess that I will just write some random stuff for today.

The first topic that I would like write is pertaining to having gatherings with fellow rabbit enthusiasts. I normally avoid gatherings because my pets come first for me and people secondary. LOL. Yes, I hate politics. When people get together, most of the time hell will break loose. Therefore, I prefer having a small number of bunny friends and we do not really meet that often. Mostly in chatrooms. And did I mention my pets come first? Yes, I believe that people come from all walks of life and not many would keep their pets the way others do. Some emphasize a lot on cleanliness and others just couldn't be bothered. I shudder to the thought of getting my rabbits infected with disease and in a big group of rabbits, you wouldn't know what sort of bacteria/parasites you might get. So I usually avoid gatherings and if need be, I will go without my rabbits. And that is the reason why I have taken down my "SERVICES" page. I am afraid of introducing parasite/bacteria to my "stabilized" herd.

The second thing I would like to talk about since I just read in the forums that someone is experiencing buck spraying. Well, kinda dissappointed because this topic had been discussed and I thought that person should have known better. Spraying is a territorial behaviour inspired by sexual hormones. Buck sprays to mark things he is fond of. If a person gets sprayed, it would mean the buck is claiming him/her as his own possession. And why does the buck spray its owner after the owner spent time being with a doe? Simple, that's because the owner has got the doe's scent all over him/herself and the buck sprays to claim the "doe" as his own. These are all very basic bunny behavior and they are written all over the internet.

There you go, another point lost for TLR for being bluntly straight forward. I really need to cheer myself up, I believe my herd is feeling the heat coming from me sometimes when I post a new topic and that wouldn't be too good on their lifespan.

And by the way, I have swapped cages between BlueBerry & Holly Hope. Since BlueBerry's cage is better equipped for kindling, I made the switch to get Holly Hope ready for a litter. So she's on top of Skor's at the moment. Hope they get each other excited through scent. LOL...

No comments: