Thursday 25 September 2008

A Foreign Object, Successful Jumps & Perspiration

Every morning, I will give every Junior bunny a handful of Oxbow Alfafa. I am normally very sleepy and do not really go through every clutch of hay that I pick up. In the evening while I was cleaning up their quarters, I found a gruesome foreign object in Noobie's feeding bowl. When I scrutinize it further, guess what I found?

Locust!!! The upper half of a giant locust that is. This is not the first time I found locust in Alfafa Hay. I guess it is a sign that the hay are of good quality and therefore, having locust in every bag would mean that less pesticide were used. I hope it was half a locust that got into the feeding bowl and not a whole locus because if it was, then either Noobie or one of the kits had chewed the other half of it.

This evening was my first attempt training Luna to jump over the DIY obstacle I made last night. I started off letting her roam around the kitchen area and she just did not stop urinating near my cabinets. After 3 puddles of pee, she got warmed up roaming around. Then I started putting her behind the obstacle and gave her a few nudges while saying the word "JUMP". I guess she has got more SHOW genes in her than JUMPING genes. First few minutes she just show posed:

Since she was show posing, I got distracted and started looking out for standard conformation instead. And I notice something very obvious. I am starting to doubt that she and the rest of BlueBerry's litter was pure Broken Blue. They have got darker markings on their faces, ears and root of their tails. I am now wondering if they are Broken Siamese Blue Point. I do not know if there is such a variety but I am quite sure they do not look pure blue to me. At times their lighter shade looks lilac to me. Skor's a chocolate carrier and he being broken black and crossing with BlueBerry which is a solid blue I wonder if this color was possible.

Alright, I suddenly realize that I have a mission this evening noticing the obstacle is still standing upright in front of me so I came back to earth.

After a few more tries putting her behind the obstacles and repeating myself, I finally got something going:

I made her go a few rounds and she started perspiring below her nose! I notice all my rabbits "sweat" below their noses when the temperature rises a little. Not to mention I was sweating all over myself. I need to find somewhere cooling to train next time (the living room perhaps if she stops urinating that much). I believe that a little bunny has got much shorter attention span compared to its owner (suspected with ADD) and I should extend training time gradually. 5 successful jumps is good enough to call it a day.

And while I put her back into her cage, she gave me a good scratch on the shoulder - I took it as a pat on the back well done! LOL.....

No comments: