Saturday 6 September 2008

Just felt like being sarcastic today

I do not know if I have written anything similar to this in the past but I just find it hilarious to be sarcastic sometimes.

While cleaning up the rabbitry today, I just felt a little tickle and that gave me an idea to post this sarcastic post. I know many may get offended but many more would find it interesting and ticklish to the mind and heart. I rather make someone laugh in their chair laughing than to bother with those with a narrow mind and heart taking offense on just a blog post.

In order for me to proceed, please allow me to first write about a craze or fad that swiped our entire nation not too long ago. I believe it was at least 2 to 3 years ago. There was this hybrid fish produced out of a few Cichlids crosses (genetic engineering they called, but I call it utter rubbish). The locals called these fishes Flower Horn (what a stupid name to begin with). I guess it was given this name because these poor fishes grow humps on their heads and the bigger the hump is, the better it would be priced. That's where the Horn came from and as for the flower, these fishes are known to have very nice and colorful patterns on their bodies. And it is this patterns that has caused this crazed.

Most of the Chinese in this country are still very much primitive and animistic (rolling me eyes!). Alright, before I stray further away. So coming back to the patterns, as the pattern emerges, there were a few coincidences that they turned out to be numbers (or so claimed by owners - maybe they have high level of hallucination!). And so coincidently, some of these numbers were used in the purchase of lottery tickets and amazingly, some lotteries hit the jackpot.

Soon word spread like wildfire and every household (mostly Chinese) had an aquarium with at least one of these FlowerHorns. Of course, some had horns and other are just plain nature flukes. I am not sure that has also given the reason for ornamental fisheries to "inject" colors into another Cichlid breed that was almost white - oh yah, the Red Giant Gourami. Young Red Giant Gourami came with NUMBERS! Can you imagine?

In Malaysia, we have 3 main lottery outlets selling 4 digits lottery numbers. They are collectively known to many as the Unholy Trinity. My story above relates to the Unholy Trinity because anyone can make a living by associating their product to the Unholy Trinity. That is how majority of the Malaysian mentality is. Please do not deny that if you are one of them and accuse me of sedition. LOL! That is who we are and many of us are very proud of, except me of course!

Alright, this is the part which is the funniest and also the part I fear most to write because I do not want to give opportunists some funny ideas to exploit our precious rabbits.

You see, based on the scenario described above, you can basically sell a rabbit with 4 digit tattoo on its ears and claim that it will hit the jackpot. I am not sure how you are going the derive the most probable winning number and even if you do know the number, isn't it better you use it for yourself?

But I want to go further than that because a Holland Lops can do just more than winning a lottery ticket, it can direct traffics too!

If you do not believe me, here is a photo to prove my point:

As you can see, the Holland Lop's ears can be quite flexible sometimes, they move from back to front and even stands up occassionally.

So, I think all you Chinese should stop thinking about numbers for now. We sometimes do need traffic wardens to get our lives back on track too. A Holland Lop or any other pet will do just that! Don't all our beloved pets keep us sane in this insane world? I do not know about you, but my rabbits sure do!

No comments: