Sunday 14 September 2008

Oh No! All For The Wrong Reasons!

I am very sad to say that my blog seemed to have failed one of its objectives. Besides from sharing my life as a Holland Lop hobbyist, my main intention of this blog is to promote responsible and quality breeding.

I am rather shocked when someone told me that they are planning to breed their rabbits because of the irresistible photographs of my kits. The kits seemed to be very nice to "play" with. That is just so unacceptable for me.

It is not my intention to promote breeding out of cuteness. I know it all seemed to be like a perfect fairy tale but please DO NOT overlook the technicalities of breeding.

If every Tom, Dick & Harry breeds their rabbits without accessing the potential genetic problems or breeding just for the pleasure of having cute baby bunnies, this world would be DOOMED!

This sort of information really makes me feel like quiting this blog altogether! People are missing all the important points!

I am enjoying my baby rabbits and even more so with my adult rabbits because at the end of the day, it should not be how good the baby looks. I am trying to get adult rabbits looking like baby rabbits! Do you not see the point? Baby rabbits are cute regardless of the breed. Most people would abandon them once they grow out of their cuteness.

It is enjoyable to have baby bunnies around more so if you know that they are of good quality. Yes, I am really enjoying having good quality rabbits! Of course I want others to have this enjoyment too but not until if they know how to get there!

Well, what good can I make out of this sad information? It only gives me affirmation to hold steadfast in my principles. The more I get to know people's intentions the more I have decided that I should safeguard the genetic pool of my rabbits.

I am expecting a sharp drop on the hits statistic after this but I could not be bothered. I rather have a handful of good faithful readers than some that are in it for all the wrong reasons!

Sorry people, as of now, NO BUNNIES FOR SALE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No matter how much you try, you are always going to get some people who want to breed just for the baby bunnies . . . you still get it here. I hope you aren't turned off too much, just consider it a reminder for things to post on your blog. ;)