Saturday 11 October 2008

Cleaning the rabbitry puts my brain on hyper mode

It is 2.19 am now. Just done cleaning Meadow Haven by wiping every cage with disinfectant. I started cleaning at 10.30 pm last night. So it took me approximately 3 hours to get everything done. Imagine, I only have 8 rabbits and I seriously wondering if breeders with over 100 rabbits ever clean their rabbit cages at all.

It just amazes me how they actually do it. It would be nice to spend a day with a big scale show breeder to see how life is having so many rabbits.

As you would guess from the title of this blog, I can't sleep anymore. It is way pass my bedtime and my mind is still very much awake. Luna's keeping me company at the moment as she is munching away her hay in the cage next to my table. The more I look at her, the more convinced I am that she is the ONE.

I have made up my mind actually. I am keeping Luna mainly because, I need a really "solid" herd buck to replace Skor and Eclipse isn't a WOW factor at the moment. Luna may not grow into a Show Quality doe but nonetheless she is of good brood quality to me.

Furthermore, the potential new owner promise that I could use Eclipse as a stud if need be.

So that shall be the arrangement and it is FINAL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to make a decision! :)

TLR said...

Thanks Ali!