Monday 20 October 2008

In dire need...

I am in fact in dire need of a herd buck to replace Skor. He is the only buck I have at the moment and losing him (touch wood) would mean the end of Tru-Luv Rabbitry unless I plan to get a replacement flown in again.

Slowly but surely, I am training myself not to be too attached and always hold strong to the belief that as long as there are good Holland Lop breeders out there, I will be able to find great stocks. But it is easier said than done. It is impossible not to have feelings for these little creatures and it is only the cold-hearted that has got no remorse losing their pet.

After going through some deaths in the rabbitry, I tend to console myself that it is alright if I face another death and to make myself feel better, I sometimes remind myself that it will never be the end of this great hobby.

Ever felt the fear of losing your rabbits? How do you cope?

No comments: