Thursday 30 October 2008

My First "The Hollander"

I received my first issue of The Hollander yesterday. My wife forgotten all about it and it was left in the car. When I went into the car this morning I was surprise to have a mail from Chris Zemny. Without second thoughts, I knew it must be The Hollander. In fact, I was starting to wonder when I will get an issue of it.

I took a quick glance while I was driving. Yes, you can actually read something while driving in Malaysia because the traffic is just too horrible and beyond imagination. I can see ladies putting on their make ups, people eating their sandwiches and of course, reading the newspaper.

Back to The Hollander. This Fall issue features the 2007 Top Lops and goodness gracious, when I look at those lops (on black & white printing mind you), I was dumbstruck, speechless and my breath was taken away - literally!

These are mind blowing LOPS! They are just so spectacular and flawless.

I then turned the pages to the sweepstakes list and was so happy to see all my favorite breeders listed. To be listed on the sweepstake is an affirmation of the quality and standard of Holland Lops produced.

My mind suddenly wanders away thinking about all the sell outs that I have read about. And looking at some names on the list, I feel happy as we'll be seeing some of these breeders around for many more years to come but at the same time, I cannot help but to feel sad that some will not make it to that list for a while. They will be truly missed.

Well, since Christmas is around the corner, this would be my life long Christmas wish to Santa. I wish one day I could work with any of these great breeders that has produced all the Top Lops in the States. I hope one day, I will be able to ship some of these finest Holland Lops into Malaysia.

I recently read about this German farmer sending his German Giant rabbits to North Korea as a breeding programme to feed the poor. I am not poor but I was hoping that some Holland Lop breeders have some outreach programmes to develop the breed in other countries. If they have such programmes, I will definitely be the first to register for it. LOL...

On the other hand, the rabbit network has been really quiet these days. I believe many people are still enjoying themselves at the Convention or they are recuperating from it.

Just got a greeting from Susie and she had taken loads of photos of Holland Lops for me. Cannot wait to see all her photos. She takes great photos!

No comments: