Tuesday 21 October 2008

I Found My PEARL In Holly Hope

"... you'll find a pearl soon to base your line on. And it might not be the rabbit you suspect"

Those were the exact words my all time favorite Holland Lop breeder and mentor, Laurie Stroupe told me quite recently. And true enough, I saw my pearl today. In full BLOOM.

I remember very clearly that faithful day, April 17th to be exact. I came home from work and found Noobie just done kindling. There were 2 viable kits. One bigger than the other. I recognized the unique color on the smaller one. After placing both of them in a makeshift warming box, I was occupied cleaning up the aftermath of what seemed to be a kindling gone terribly wrong. Three and a half (yes, unformed fetus) dead broken chocolate kits was what I found at the place of the incident.

After burying the dead kits, I then turned my attention to the 2 viable kits. I should have concentrated on them first because I noticed the bigger kit was fading away. This was something I regret dreadfully. The bigger kit was a solid chocolate! The poor kit breadth its last not too long after and I was left feeling beaten up.

And then there were one last HOPE. Thus, Holly Hope was born...

In conjunction of her being a Senior Doe on the 17th of October (Yes! She's 6 months), I am dedicating this long post to her. We shall go through a series of photo to celebrate this phenomenal little beautiful Lilac Holland Lop.

We celebrate LIFE today.

Since the day she was born, she was loved by both Noobie & Me. I held her in my palm every single day

This photo affirmed to me that she has got great potential

Fast forward to the present day, Holly Hope greets me at the doorstep every evening when I return home from work. I make it a point to feel happy stepping into Meadow Haven. I guess it is more of the herd giving my heart the true happiness.

My first satisfied customer using the grooming table. I found a great fitting carpet in IKEA (coincidentally, the size fits nicely).

In my eyes, that's perfect...LOL...

Come November 22nd 2008, I might decide to have a mother and daughter tag team on Skor. LOL. I am putting down all strategies and contingency plans I can possibly think of to ensure that nothing goes wrong. Tru-Luv Rabbitry needs all the prayers come Christmas 2008 for the most anticipated kindling ever. So please send good vibes this way. All prayers would be much appreciated.

No comments: