Wednesday 27 August 2008

Charl & Mo Day 17: All was well until...

The moment I reached home this evening I told myself I must take a few shots of the kits today.

After 2 hours of cleaning up, making a call to get monthly rabbit supplies and separated both Luna & Eclipse from BlueBerry into their individual cages, I picked up the camera and headed to Noobie's cage.

I took a few shots of them with mommy and their cuteness was so irresistible. I thought to myself that Charl is becoming such a cutie pie and to be honest, he/she is starting to be my heart bunny. Mainly because he/she has beaten the odds of being a small runty fellow but now fast catching up.

And all of a sudden, Charl just went POP! He/she jumped so high and in such a fast motion, I was unable to save him/her from this 5 feet plunge to the floor. I still cannot forgive myself for what has happened in such lighting speed! Felt like kicking myself to death really!

After a little dazed moment, Charl was back on its feet. I pinched all his/her toes to make sure there is still senses. He/she was walking around the cage and seemed normal. I felt its entire body fearing that something may be broken. Nothing seemed to be out of place.

This little fellow will have 24 hours surveillance tonight. It felt like a piece of my heart just got torn.

Everyone reading this, please send some prayers over here alright? Your prayers has been great help and miracle that Charl made it through the runty stage. Just need it to pass through this one more hurdle.

And so rightly said by Arwen of LOTR:

"What grace is given me let it pass to him, let him be spared, save him."

No comments: