Saturday 9 August 2008

What's next for me? : Tattoo

The next most important thing for a purebred bunny after the pedigree is tattoo. Although a rabbit do not need to be tattooed to prove that it is purebred, it is always good to have a form of identification so that it can be included as part of the pedigree. Without an identification, the rabbit can be easily replaced with another which may have similarity in its physical appearance.

The next thing that I would like to learn is how to tattoo a rabbit. I know it hurts them a little and for me, it is very important to identify my rabbits since they are the first generation out of imported specimens. At least I am able to trace my rabbits in a long run.

But first, I need to get myself a set of tattooing tools. A rabbit tattoo kit that is. We'll see how it goes from here...

No comments: