Saturday 30 August 2008

Meadow Haven Is Larger Than Life!

I finally felt the wrath of Meadow Haven. Can you imagine that when a meadow has an outburst of long-bladed grass? We have these long-bladed grass growing in Malaysia that are called "lalang". They are really a nuisance if you ever need to walk across a plain filled with them.

Anyway, things have not been going too well with the entire shelving system. Due to space constraint, I found it very difficult to clean up the entire shelving unit especially at the back where the pipes are. I was contemplating the entire day for an effective strategy to execute this super spring cleaning. My wife has been complaining that I still take too much time cleaning the rabbitry up on a daily basis and asked if I could try reverting back using the bottom trays with newspaper.

So here I was after an entire day of daydreaming about cleaning up the rabbitry (literally), I started removing things and temporarily placing them in the dining area. And I was well on my way of cleaning up the rabbitry. Or so I thought. Mid way my treacherous attempt, I felt as if being choked by Meadow Haven. It is quite apparent to me that I have created a monster that I was unable to tame. I found it so difficult to remove even the first level of cages.

Trying to recall how I got the entire thing together, I realized that 2 adults are needed to put the combined cages together. And I thought to myself how should I proceed from here.

Feeling very overwhelmed, I just reach for spots that I could manage and try to clean them up the best I could.

All in all, I was only able to clean up BlueBerry's quarters and also slotted the 2 bottom trays back under the cages.

I am too tired at the moment and feeling the drag that I have got to continue this crazy exercise first thing in the morning.

There will be loads of vacuuming and wiping before all the trays are slotted back in. It is really ironic how I am still looking for the best way to have an easy to manage rabbitry.

More improvements to be thought of but for now, I need to put my head down for a good night sleep!

No comments: