Friday 22 August 2008

Exhausted...

Flying Fur. That's all I got from cleaning up all the cages last evening. I myself was covered with fur. Prior to that I was discussing with SB on how to manage the fur problem and she did mention about breeders using fire to torch stubborn fur stuck to cage wires. A good idea that is more suitable for people with ample of working space. I for one do not have that luxury.

What I normally do is to give the cages a good vacuum after removing every single thing from the cage. The mats are soaked into buckets for sterilization and scrubbing later.

Last evening I have no time to vacuum so as usual, I got hold of the small paint roller with a long handle and started going through the pipes and cage bottoms. I was very please with the outcome (as usual). I got most of the fur caught by the roller and since they are damp, I do not get fur flying around.

BB's enclosure is the dirtiest because the kits are super poopers and peepers.

In the end, it was a really really exhausting exercise. It would be vacuum this weekend (that's if I can wake up early).

No comments: