Monday 11 August 2008

Noobie's Babies: Charl & Mo

I just had to start off this post by laughing. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

When I came home this evening, I was relieved to find Noobie "chilling" at her usual favorite spot. I am pretty sure that she's done delivering. I guess she is on the plump side thanks to my pampering. To be extra sure, I felt her stomach gently and found nothing unusual.

Then like a predator, my eyes went straight to the nest box. I knew one of the kits was a broken black (Skor junior). It was already very dark when I found it this morning. Noobie has taken great care of them and this is the reason why:

Meet Mo my replacement for Little Moo. LOL! Another Diary Cow. I better be specializing in Broken Black Hollands. My world is all about Black & White! LOL!!!!

This little fellow is plump and I am sure you cannot agree more. Turned out Noobie was busy nursing when I notice her going into the nest box more than usual. What a great mum!

Alright, what was all the laughing about? Here's why:

Meet Charl ! A CHARLIE with a DE HOTOT twist. It is almost like a BLANC DE HOTOT with moustache. This is the first Charlie that I have ever seen. It is just so cute. My wife & I cannot stop laughing. Even our little 1 year old daughter started laughing as she was trying to follow us. Although it is not a desirable trait to have Charlies, we are just so tickled by this.

For all these I am giving Noobie these awards:

1) The best nursing doe

2) The best temperament & well behaved doe (I have never hear her growl at me, ever!)

As a conclusion, Skor & Noobie ROUND 1 is not that good of a combination. By right I should be getting 1/2 Broken, 1/4 Solid & 1/4 Charlie, in this litter it was 1/3 Broken, 2/3 Charlie. No sign of CHOCOLATES!

A blessing in disguise this is because it was not a litter of 6. I like the numbers in this litter and hope my future litters stay this size. No multiple breeding that is, just one take.

It is questionable if I will proceed going against the probability and odds to get a solid CHOC the next time. We'll have to wait for Skor & Holly Hope combination next. But I am in dire need of a buck to continue on Skor's legacy.

Now let us all laugh looking at Charlie Chaplin resurrected in the form of a HOLLAND LOP kit:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

No comments: