Monday 25 August 2008

There are differences

I am comparing the two litters of kits at the back of my mind today. Even Charl the suspected runt looks different from any of BlueBerry's kits. I am talking about their overall type.

I know that the number of litters and kits are still too low to make a clear conclusion. I must also mention that I love all the kits and I am just making a conclusive judgment on my observations so far.

Based on Noobie's litters (Holly Hope, Mo & Charl) so far, I feel that she throws more type onto the her kits. I could see that they are stocky since a very young age. Noobie needs a solid buck to compliment her broken gene. I need a solid buck to get more solids if I want to even out the broken in my herd.

BlueBerry throws nice color. I love how her kits turn out as they were all broken blue. If only Skor's broken gene was balanced out in this litter, I could have gotten a solid blue at least.

So if you ask me whether I will be breeding them soon, my answer would be no. I would love to get solid chocolates and to get there, I am counting on Holly Hope. Skor is known to be a chocolate carrier. Due to space constraints, I would not want to risk him with Noobie getting more charlies again so it would only be wise to try him with Holly Hope in another 3 months time.

No comments: