Wednesday 20 August 2008

Paranoid

Molting brings fear to me because it is closely related to GI Stasis. Rabbits are vain pots in general. They keep themselves clean all the time by grooming. During the heavy molting season, they may ingest a lot of fur that may cause massive blockage if their tummy decides to take a rest.

Skor has been molting for quite some time and I have been using Furminator on him. I think last night I went a little extreme grooming him and now I see a on big balding patch on his back. Poor boy. Lucky thing does do not really mind an ugly buck and even if Skor is bald, he remains a handsome little guy.

Losing a rabbit to GI Stasis is very frustrating because it can easily be prevented unless it is part of the genetic make ups of the rabbit in question.

Pineapple or pineapple juice has been known to help soften the fur blocks in the stomach for ease of elimination. Enzymes in papaya has also been said to be of great help.

But most important thing needed to keep those stomachs healthy is a good run and exercise. I believe a joyful BINKY does help a lot too. Haven't been seeing much of those lately though.

No comments: