Saturday 5 July 2008

BlueBerry's Kits arrived 1 day early

I woke up this morning to find BlueBerry pulling her fur. My gut feeling told me that she will kindle really soon. So I go about as usual cleaning up the entire rabbitry and went out to have breakfast.

I came back and found what I felt as a degree of anxiousness in BlueBerry. She has since pulled more fur and I got the camera ready to capture the great moment.

I then continued going about doing some chores. Then I just felt curious so I went over to take a peek again and to my great surprise, she was kindling! I caught her "bum" facing out of the nest box while cleaning up the kits.

At approximately 3 pm she has finished kindling and the last head count was 4 normal kids, 1 peanut. After stopping the video recording, I was able capture a still photos of newly born kits.

Here are some photos:

At writing time, the peanut is still alive.

P.S. : I just had to write this statement - "I HATE COPY CATS".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're goregous! I hope the peanut makes it.
Congrats and keep us updated!

TLR said...

Thanks!

Sadly the peanut died late evening.