Tuesday 22 July 2008

Tails From Meadow Haven: Chapter 1

"Hush, I heard something!"

"Come on BlueBerry, you're at it again!"

"No seriously, I thought I heard something. You know I am quite paranoid especially with these kits around. They are just so precious and I cannot possibly loose any of them"

"Don't you worry, we'll be looking out for any intruder coming your way. Just stay alert and hear out for the stomp"

"Thanks guys. By the way, how do you guys look like? I could only remember before the Season of Great Thunder, I was placed with this handsome black buck. Can't remember his name but we had a lot of fun together. Then the Season of Great Thunder came and I could feel that I was floating quite high up. It lasted for quite sometime"

"Was it you that was beside me on the other compartment?"

"I guess so, I was not really in the mood of chatting because I was trying very hard to stay comfortable with kits inside me"

"I was doing the same too"

"The Great Thunder went away for a while and I could see people walking all around being real busy. For a short period of time before the Great Thunder returned, I could hear people talking in foreign language. It wasn't like the language Christina and our master speak. Somehow different"

"If I remember correctly, the Great Thunder brought us to a place called Japan"

"Oh yeah, that was what I heard too"

"I kindled not too long after the Season of Great Thunder. I had 6 kits and only 1 survived"

"Oh dear. I had 4 and only one survived for a short while. But I met this really handsome black & white buck last month and these kits I am having now is his"

"Hmmm, black & white? That sounds like me"

"I met this black & white buck over a week ago and he was great. We got the job done in just a little below 5 minutes"

"Hey gals, I think you're talking about me. I met this beautiful blue doe a month or there about. And recently this broken chocolate chick was so good. Geez, that black & white buck is ME! I am the super alpha buck, RoarrRrrrrgggHHhh. I guess not anymore since I just can't get this fur coat out of me. I am feeling rather warm and master kept on combing me lately. I hate fur getting stuck between my teeth. Thank God for master, he helps me out a little"

"I like that chocolate buck more actually. I really do miss him sometimes. He gave me Holly Hope, that's what master calls her. I can still hear her sometimes"

"Mummy, I am here!"

"Holly Hope, is that really you? Oh dear, I am hearing things again"

"No mummy, I am here. Up here!"

"Goodness, I thought I'll never hear from you again. Where did master take you"

"I can hear you too mummy. Master took me to this higher place. It is really cool up here. The breeze is amazing and scenery is fantastic"

"Ouch! Watch it! If you kits are not careful mummy may get mastitis. Go easy suckling alright?"

"I am bored"

"Who's that?"

"I miss my mummy"

"Come on grow up will ya, Latara"

"Master says I spray a lot when we first came here. So he placed me way down here with no view. All I could see are these walls"

"This is the prestigious Meadow Haven! A lot of our kind could only dream to be here. Count your blessings alright?"

"I heard that our ancestors have fields to run and land to burrow. What prestige is there here?"

"Don't you believe in those mother goose tales. They are just make beliefs. We are so comfortable here. I do not know about you but I have tasty Western Timothy Hay every single day!"

"And I have got this colorful teething toy dangling from the top of my quarters"

"Me too!"

"Master took mine away. I was chewing the rope away and the colorful parts just fell off"

"Hush! Someone's coming"

STOMP STOMP STOMP

No comments: