Thursday 3 July 2008

Nest box a week before kindling?

I just got a pack of Timothy Hay specially for BlueBerry to build her nest. But on the other hand I also realize that she is exhibiting nesting behavior way too early. Most materials that I have read and from past experiences, a pregnant doe should only be given its nest box on the 28th day of pregnancy which is 2 days before expected kindling date. But I have given BlueBerry her nest box a week ahead of time.

I guess it is very difficult to take rabbit behaviors by the books. Nature is just so unpredictable. So here I am counting down the days. She has got another 3 days to kindle and we shall see if we will have nice little kits. Really praying hard that she will be good to them this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my does always builds her nest a week ahead. I wouldn't worry to much.
I'm praying she'll be a good mom too. :)

TLR said...

Hi Caroline,

I hope I got the right person. Thanks for prayers. Really really appreciate it. I am just so anxious now. Hoping to get some blue kits. I shall be posting photos if they do arrive.

Thank you so much for following the blog. Really appreciate a fellow breeder dropping by.